Insana Lab: Ultrasonic Imaging - The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Insana Lab: Ultrasound Research Interface (URI)
The purpose of this website is to introduce URI (Ultrasound Research Interface) and distribute the URI-OPT (URI Offline Processing Tools) software and sample data. New users should read the introduction, download software and sample data, form images from the sample data and compare with the sample images. The URI-OPT software is intended to provide a basis for research by introducing users to basic image formation methods.
- The AxiusTM Direct Ultrasound Research Interface (URI) is developed and marketed by Siemens Medical Solutions Ultrasound Division, for the Siemens SONOLINE AntaresTM ultrasound system.
- The URI software provides users
(1) the ability to record and access digital beamformed radio frequency (RF) ultrasonic echo data,
(2) control of receive beamformer parameters,
(3) Recording and playback of sequences of user input events.
- The project was funded in part by the National Cancer Institute between 2001 and 2003, in collaboration with researchers at Duke University and UC Davis.
- The URI Offline Processing Tools (URI-OPT) provides basic programs for reading the RF data acquired from a URI-equipped Antares system and displaying different imaging modes using nonproprietary codes.
- This software package was developed at UC Davis by Jerome J. Mai in collaboration with Siemens and Duke University. This software is provided free of charge, and may be modified for research purposes only (see copyright).
- The URI Offline Processing Tools run under MATLAB 5.3 or above with Signal Processing Toolbox installed.
- The latest release of URI-OPT is version 0.84 Dec 5, 2004. The programs were coded and tested on the Windows NT platform.
- URI-OPT also provides limited support on reading and displaying other RF data stored as 2D or 3D matrix in the Matlab *.mat format.